The business of sleep is a serious one. The health, well-being and quality care of patients are not just top priorities, they are essential for success and future growth. Although, human interaction and doctor/patient relationships are at the core of a sleep lab business model, having processes in place to ensure nothing falls through the cracks is imperative.
Of course, there is also the bottom line to consider. Finding ways to increase profit without exhausting current resources is a challenge, but that’s where a sleep lab software solution like LabRetriever can shine. Our patient-centric interface allows users to:
- Schedule studies and office visits
- Review reports
- Upload documents
- Verify insurance information
- Evaluate patient history
Those are just a few of our standard features, but we offer so much more. Why would we expect our customers to work around our software when we can customize our solution to manage their workflow? The answer is: we don’t!
While developing LabRetriever, our team recognized that simple “out-of-the-box” software was fine for some, but wasn’t what many sleep labs needed. We knew the ability to customize portals for maximum efficiency and specificity of information, combined with exemplary customer service, was the key to offering the most flexible and valuable solution on the market. Those aren’t just words…that’s a commitment we made to be the best!
There are many levels to customizing a software product, from simple changes during the implementation process to bigger projects for specific workflow. Here are some examples of how we have helped our customers build the best solution for their sleep business:
- Non-standard Fields – customers may request a certain field be created on one of our standard forms.
- Online Documents – we not only allow uploading of documents for storage, we can recreate those documents for direct entry into the portal. The data can then be used for reporting and statistical analysis.
- Workflow Changes – customer workflow can be adjusted to mirror their current processes or put new ones in place, such as:
- Share Information – HL7 integration provides a way for LabRetriever to communicate with other 3rd party software, such as a hospital EMR.
It is true there are costs associated with some of the above-mentioned customization work, especially the more extensive projects, but we do that work for a reasonable price. We aren’t looking to profit at the expense of diminishing our customer’s bank account. Instead, we choose to work as partners with them to figure out a solution at a moderate cost. In the end, it is our goal to ensure our customer’s sleep lab management software is what THEY want, not what WE assume it should be. I wish more businesses followed the same model.